Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Home Stretch, Sao Paulo




The last stop on our trip was Sao Paulo, the largest city in the Western Hemishpere. From Itatiaia, we had to take a shuttle bus to the neighboring city Resdende to get a bus to Sao Paulo. We got into Sao Paulo by late afternoon on Friday. Our hostel in Sao Paulo was awesome! Thanks Paul!


We got unpacked, then we went out for a tasty beef dinner, then we looked for some lower key night life. Blame it on carnaval. There was a pick up street parade that we joined up with, dancing behind the drumcore. I wish I had brought the "danger" whistle that my mom gave me before I left for Brazil. It would have been the perfect noisemaker.


We slowly circled the block a couple of times. By the end of the parade, the guys had a good feel for the spirit and some of the dancework of Samba. Of course I was already the samba master. I was waiting for a venue to wiggle my fast feet. I was satisfied.

No comments: