Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quite a Weekend




I had a pretty action packed weekend this week. Saturday morning, I did a little shopping on my own. I did had some practice talking with strangers and buying goods etc. No problems, smooth transactions. After I returned, Tiago, the Gym dudes, and I did our weekly churrasco across the street from the gym... Always a good time.
After that, Mineiro has a big party at his house, similar to Eduardo's party two weeks ago. Mineiro had a certeneja band (brazilian country music) and lots of meat. After two meals, I had a third meal with Tiago, Angela, Angelica, and Tiago's grandparents. I ended Saturday by going out on the town with Micheal, one of the guys from the gym. We had a good time. We had some very good conversations. I feel like my Portuguese is getting better. I make a point to bring a notebook with me most times, to write down and study words that I want to use, but which I do not know. I don't have very many pictures from Saturday unfortunately. I have quite a few pictures from today though...

No comments: