Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fruit Juice





One thing that I really like about Brazil is the selection of fruit juice that you can get here. There are lots of juice shops, and just about every resuraunt offers a bunch of juicy fruits to choose from. You have some fruits that you can get in the US: orange, strawberry, lemonade, banana, pineapple, apple. But there's also a lot of fruits that I haven't seen before coming to Brazil: goiaba, cashew (it's not just a nut I found out), mamao, acai. My favaorite is Suco de Acai com Leite (Acai Juice with Milk). I usually stop by a doceria on my way home from capoeira each night and order this drink. It's great to replenishment. Here are pictures of Suco de Acai com Leite and Suco de Cashew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cashew nuts are my favorite snack, but I had no idea where they came from. Your comment about cashew drinks got me interested in checking. As usual, wikipedia has a ton of information on the topic. It's quite fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew

John Kessler